Sunday, December 6, 2020

 

Final Post

Technology was a part of my life as soon as I could log onto the desktop computer and find fun Disney games to play at age seven. I think that the relationship I have with technology is unhealthy because I can’t go an hour without looking at my phone and even if I don’t have my phone my apple watch alerts me just like my phone would, it’s as if I can’t unplug no matter what. I know for a fact the amount of time I spend on technology is inappropriate because I’m barely giving my brain time to process where I’m at, what I’m doing and how I’m feeling before I unlock my phone and randomly scroll Facebook because nothing in that moment has my attention. Although I may sound hard on myself I believe that technology is informing me and I think it’s making me somewhat smarter because just one hour of scrolling through twitter I can find out the news, what’s going on in black culture and which celebrity has been arrested and why. I do think that social media can be misleading especially when it comes to liable information because a lot of the time if something is written about a person its not them personally submitting it to the internet which makes credibility incredibly important, meaning I don’t believe anything unless I see the news sites confirm it. Today’s society that we live in often alters the way we see ourselves especially my generation because looks, money and followers is what’s important to us and even though we know it’s not realistic to look like a coke bottle Kardashian it’s hard to not want to try. I fell like I’ve let myself go in a sense because. I no longer have quiet time, or I no longer feel at one with myself. The times that my phone dies and I’m not near a charger I feel and odd relief because I no longer feel the burden of scrolling, liking and hearting post for that time being and I know you may be reading this wondering, “why don’t you just delete the apps” I don’t find it that simple. It’s the year of 2020, I’m addicted to my phone… and its addicted to me.

 


                                                       
                                                                                                 





No comments:

Post a Comment

  Final Post Technology was a part of my life as soon as I could log onto the desktop computer and find fun Disney games to play at age seve...